Behind every successful woman is a substantial amount of coffee. ~Stephanie Piro

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Green Beans


I've lately been experiment with green coffee beans in my work. Either using them not roasted or roasting them myself. When i use the not roasted coffee bean as beads they are difficult to drill but I think that since they are so tough they will prove to be much longer lasting. I've also recently been working on roasting them and the different variations that can make. I think that even when roasted these ones also are more durable store bought roasted beans, because I haven't been roasting them to quite the degree they get roasted as the purchased beans. Also this enables me to make different shades of golden, tan, brown, or dark brown coffee beans! I used my wok on the stove top and this produced unevenly roasted beans, but I kind of prefer this since it gives them more character.
I recently made this necklace out of the green, half roasted, and fully roasted beans. Take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment